Please do not read if you have not watched tonight's episode. Is next week the end of this season? I thought we had two more weeks, but it looks like next week is two hours? Please tell me it will be two hours. I'm scrambling to get our Lost giveaway together; I tried something crafty that is creating problems, so I hope to solve it by this weekend.
- Tonight everyone found their purpose; John has a purpose, Ben is following orders, and Jack suddenly believes he must detonate a bomb to put things back the way they should be.
- Interesting comment Ben made about Richard, "He's a kind of adviser, and he has had that job for a very, very long time." Adviser? Like for Charles Schwab? Jacob? Anyone who has a purpose? What was the significance of Richard making a boat in a bottle? Why does Richard seem confused by what Locke is doing?
- Locke seems to be letting the power go to his head. He brings a fine dinner of Swine Flu to his new people and demands that Richard go with him on an errand, which is to help him in the past. Richard informs Sun that he knows her husband because he watched them all die - so, in the other past they messed up?
- I don't like the new passive Ben, he has become the disgruntled employee, whispering to Richard after he says that Locke may be trouble, "Why do you think I tried to kill him?" Locke seems to enjoy torturing Ben, "The island told me...didn't it tell you to do things?" Ben, "No, John, but clearly it hasn't told you where Jacob is, or you wouldn't need Richard to show you." Locke, "You've never seen him." "What, did too." "Did not, he's my BFF." "No, my BFF!"
- Kate doesn't want to reset time and disagrees with Jack that all of this has been misery. Jack wants everyone lost to be alive again, and doesn't care if that means he won't know Kate. She doesn't want 3 years of her life erased, and I can't blame her - all those naked moments with Sawyer. Sure, she was kidnapped, tortured, chased and shot at, but it's a small price to pay. She tells Jack he is starting to sound like Locke, "He was crazy too Jack."
- Loved the scene between Dr. Chang and Hurley, "What year were you born?" Hurley, "1931" "You are 46...you fought in the Korean War?" Hurley,"There's no such thing." "Who is the President of the U.S.?" "Alright dude, we are from the future." So, Dr. Chang knows that Miles is his son, but he doesn't hug him, just sort of stares at him. It was still a good moment, I shed a tiny tear for Miles and his Daddy.
- Dr. Chang believes them and orders all women and children off the island and Sawyer and Juliet get to go too. I changed my mind about the Sawyer vs. Kate vs. Juliet then, I wanted them to be happy - buy their Microsoft stock and bet on the Super Bowl, but Kate shows up, the biggest third wheel and ruins everything. Can you imagine being Juliet, you finally get your man and who shows up? Freckles...and you know she is going to start babbling about the bomb and blah, blah, blah and they are going to have to go back or jump off the sub. I bet Juliet is going to die and then Sawyer can really hate Jack.
- Great line from Sayid, "If this works, you might just save us all, and if it doesn't at least you will put us out of our misery." Sayid's days are numbered too, he doesn't trust Eloise, and I think he may be right.
- The big reveal, Locke plans to kill Jacob. I didn't see that coming. Why does he want to do this? I'm so confused as to who is good or who is crazy. Jacob better not turn out to be some B movie monster - a giant swamp leech made with bad special effects. Why does Richard seem concerned that they arrive without notice? What does he want to tell Locke in the tent before he starts a coup?
- Next week - season finale; Sawyer & Jack have a bloody face, Sawyer is back on the island, Sawyer says, "I don't speak destiny," and someone opens the box the people who arrived on the last plane brought. Any guess as to what's in the box? Please not another dead body. Speaking of boxes - remember the box Ben told Locke about - the one that you could imagine something and it would appear? Where is it? So, we need to find out - where the dog is, where are Rose and Bernard, what's in two boxes, who the war is between, who is good vs. evil, what the incident is, if Sawyer will kiss Kate or Juliet, when will Desmond go to the island, what is in Hurley's guitar case, and if Locke can kill Jacob. Could Daniel be Jacob? Trapped between time and space because of an experiment gone bad? Whew.
I have to add more to this post after thinking about it all night; why didn't they bury Daniel? She didn't even cover his face with the blanket, just put in on like he was sleeping. Also, could Locke be Jacob - trapped in the well he went down - in whatever year that was? Is that why he needs Ben...so he can kill him again? Can Locke kill Locke? Now that would make for some strange TV.