Love the title of this episode, but I think it was another "filler," but we did learn some things about Miles;
- Miles has to deliver a body to the Orchid station, he learns the man's name, but I'm confused as to how he died - was he shot or did the filling in his mouth come loose from the electromagnetism and shoot through his brain?
Naomi has a meeting with Miles in a restaurant kitchen with a dead body on the table. Miles tells her that the man was attempting to deliver cemetery photos of empty graves and a purchase order for an old airplane to Charles Widmore. My first thought was, Aha! Charles Admire ordered the plane full of dead bodies...but was the man trying to blackmail him or give him information about Ben? Remember when Mr. Friendly showed similar photos to Michael? Didn't the freighter Captain have the same file, except he claimed Ben set it up?
Miles is pulled into a van, and Bram tries to persuade him to not work for Widmore. He asks him the magic question, "What lies beneath the shadow of the statue," and when Miles doesn't know the answer, he says he is not ready. He wants to help Miles fill the hole inside him left by his father, Miles wants to fill it with 3.2 million dollars. They push him out of the van and Bram says, "You're playing for the wrong team." Miles responds, "Yeah, what team are you on?" Bram,"The one that's going to win."
Who are the people in the van? Are they Dharma super babies who want to return and take over the island? Did they ask Miles the statue question because they are part of the statue question people or know the statue question people will kill him?
Kate tries to drink a beer with Roger, and is shot down even though she is sporting some fine bell bottoms. Roger decides to get drunk and belligerent and has a confrontation with Jack, who is erasing some Egyptian stuff from the chalkboard.
Favorite Hurley quotes:
- "You're just jealous my power is better than yours."
- "Dude, that guy is a total douche." Miles, "That douche is my Dad."
- "Maybe he will let you hold baby you...or you can change your own diaper."
- "Let's face it, Ewoks suck, dude."
- Love that Hurley is rewriting The Empire Strikes Back.
- Miles has closure when he sees his Dad holding him, reading The Little Polar Bear (?). I want to know what kind of symbol is on the Dharma onesie. Did they do experiments on the children?
- The numbers were all over in this episode, the Orchid and the hatch are being built, and the Dharma people seem more sinister.
- I think their days in Dharma Land are numbered - maybe it's Sawyer tying up his coworker or Roger who will see to that.
- The big surprise? Dan pops out of the sub, without a tie, wearing his new evil scientist black jumpsuit. What is Dan doing?
- Next week is a Lost special (re-run) of how the Losties got to the island - from a whole new perspective. Who's perspective? The week after is new; Kate is trying to flee in a van, while being shot at by Dharma men in black jumpsuits, Sawyer says, "This is our home, come with us Freckles." Does he want her to live with him and Juliet, like Three's Company?
The giveaway has been extended until next week since it's not a new episode. You may change your answers up until the 22nd. I have a bonus question - which will be a mini prize..."What lies in the shadow of the statue?"