This was the first episode of the season I didn't like; it was a filler episode. Was this the discussion of the writers; "We need to portray Sayid as a killer." "Um, we already did that in the episode where he was in the Iraq National Guard or the one where he is killing people for Ben." "True, but we still need more." "Oh, oh, I've got it...what we show him killing a kitten?" "No, no too harsh, people love kittens." "Hey, what about a chicken...that's it!" Sayid kills a chicken and then 10 year old Ben gives him a chicken salad sandwich, which then clicks in his mind; Ben = chicken...I kill chickens.
- Ben brings Sayid 2 sandwiches and a book, A Separate Reality by Carlos Castaneda, which describes the experiences under the influence of psychotropic plants.
Sawyer wants Sayid to tell them he is an Other, he refuses and is tortured with a sugar cube with truth serum on it. Sayid tells them the truth, laughs, and no one believes him. Go figure.
The sugar cube, "Has some side effects." Which may be imagining that you shot Ben Linus or believing that you have to shoot Ben. I think Sayid's days are numbered, which is too bad because I think he has a lot to offer as an actor.
Sayid is drinking in a bar and meets Ana Lucia II (Ilana) and buys her a $120 drink to chase down her bloody steak. Eventually they are back at his place kissing, and she kicks him in the face with her Sarah Palin boots, grabs her gun and tells him she is a bounty hunter and is taking him to Guam.
When the Dharma group was voting to kill Sayid, one of them asked if they should, "Call in Arbor and let them make the decision." Is Arbor the outside company funding the Drama Initiative?
I don't like the new house playing Sawyer, I want him to take his shirt off, mess up his hair, and go run in the jungle and shoot things. Juliet is such a bad influence.
Daddy Issues. I would like to see Dr. Phil and Oprah come to the island for a show:
- Dr. Phil, "Who here has Daddy issues?"
- Sayid, "My Dad was a hard man, and made me kill a chicken."
- Locke, "My Dad tricked me into giving him my kidney, then pushed me out a window."
- Sawyer, "My Dad killed my Mom and them himself after Locke's Dad swindled them out of money."
- Kate, "My Dad was abusive to my Mom, so I blew him up."
- Oprah, "You go girl!" (audience cheers while Kate turns around dancing)
- Juliet, "Um, we haven't got to that episode about my parents yet...hmm, should I be worried about my job on the show?"
- Jack, "I don't know if this counts, but my Dad drank a lot and put me down. Now he is a zombie running around the island."
- Ben, "My Dad blamed me for my Mom's death, then broke my glasses, so I gassed him." (silence from the audience)
- We learned that Sayid did not beat up Ben before he got on the plane.
- Ilana may be working for Widmore, her accent is terrible.
- Kate doesn't know how to fix cars, but little Ben knows how to burn them.
- The big question...Did Sayid kill Ben? If Sayid killed Ben, how does this change things? This could be an interesting twist to the story line, but it may be too much. If Sayid kills Ben as a 12 year old boy, does Ben on the island now die? Will the purge happen, but someone else will have to step in? If they find a pair of old dress shoes, can they turn Ben into a zombie? Has Ben always been undead and that is why he seems cold? Did Ben go back to turn Sayid into a killer, so that he would go back and kill him, only the sugar cube threw off his aim and Ben survives and is now frustrated because Locke is immortal and he is not. Is that why they want Aaron back on the island; to switch bodies with Ben? What if Ben knew he was going to die, killed Locke so that when they all came back to the island, he could possess Locke's body; Locke is Ben? Is your head spinning yet?
- The title to next week's episode is, "Whatever Happened, Happened." Maybe Daniel will walk out of the jungle, wearing his tie and yell at them for trying to change time. Juliet complains that they didn't need saving and Jack & Co. are placed under house arrest. It may be time to leave Dharma Land.