I bought a kit at Chinaberry, but this is something you can make at home if you have some construction paper, dowels, and card stock. This may not be the best tutorial, but I'm going to try. Cut paper into the following sizes depending on how big you want your boat:
Large: 9" x 7"
Medium: 7.5" x 6"
Small: 6.5" x 5"
1. Fold the paper in half matching the two short sides. Fold in half again, crease and then unfold. Fold the top corners of the folded edge down so that the edges meet in the center. (row 1, p1, p2)
2. Fold the top layer on the bottom up towards the point of the triangle. Flip the paper over and fold the other side. Cut the edges of the corners that stick out, careful not to cut the folded edges: (r1,p3)
3. Insert both thumbs into the middle of the folded triangle and pull inward, matching the corners. You will have a diamond shape: (r1, p4)
4. With the open edge facing down, fold the bottom point to the top, flip over and repeat. Now you will have a triangle: (r2, p5, p6)
5. Take the triangle with the point facing up and place your thumbs in the middle. Pull the two corners in towards the middle and fold along the edges. You will have another diamond: (r2, p7, p8)
6. Pull the outer left hand point and right hand point to the outside; flatten the paper. This is hard to explain, but once you get the hang of it; easy. This is when you are "making" the boat.
7. Place your thumbs inside the center triangle and spread the inside out a little to make the base wider. (r3, p9, p10)
8. To make a mast; you can use dowels, lollipop sticks or straws. Cut out a small square from card stock, fold in half and cut a small hole in the center of the fold to insert the stick. Cut a small hole in the triangle of the boat (don't cut too much or the mast will not stand) and carefully push the stand and the stick into the center of your boat from the bottom. (r3, p11, p12) (r4, p13) My boats fell over because I think the dowels were too heavy or tall, so I put some jelly beans inside the boats to keep them steady.
9. The sail; use wax, kite, or tissue paper and cut out a sail. You can also use heart doilies. Cut two small slits in the middle of the sail and gently slide onto your mast. You can write love notes on the sail or fill the boats with candy. (r4, p14)
I hope this makes sense; email me if you are frustrated and would like me to never provide a tutorial again. Happy sailing.